HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Nº de hóspedes:5
Casas de banho1
- Conveniente para Família/criança(s)
- Máquina de lavar/secar
- Acesso para Deficientes Físicos
- Animais de estimação permitidos
|Morada||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, Reino Unido|
|Tipo de propriedade||Quarto privado|
|ID da Propriedade||5XFJSKGR|
|Taxa de aceitação||67%|
|Tempo de resposta||Umas horas|
+++Reduced Rate for 3+ guests of 2+ nights: Please ask+++
IN THE INTEREST OF SECURITY AND COURTESY, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE WITH THE REQUIRED PHOTO AND PERSONAL INFORMATION - thank you
In these past 4 years there have been visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India *Australia * N Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Italy * Germany * Austria * Belgium * Spain
* Switzerland * France *Netherlands *Ireland * & even England!
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities. Our city has a long history hiding many secrets and stories waiting to be discovered again and again.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families as well as mixed company travellers. The room and accommodation are suitable for wheelchair users and there are no stairs. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
The garden flat is near on the edge of the New Town, close to the very heart of historic, beautiful Edinburgh. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley train station on Princes St, 30 mins to the Royal Mile and 11 minutes from the closest stop (York Place) on the new Airport Tram. There are also many local bus services nearby. We are in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-sq mtrs of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. A great place to get a view of the city, North Sea, Castle and Firth of Forth and harbour to the north, is atop our local park, Calton Hill, a 20-minute walk
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed) and two extra mattress which can be placed on the floor next to the beds if required if (Minimal floor space with mattresses in use). Families with children are welcome.
ALL BEDDING AND TOWELS ARE INCLUDED.
* There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, comfortable arm chair, large mirror and closet.
* The room is across the hall from the shared bathroom
* All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided
* Children are welcome. There is a discount for children 5-15, and under 5 years are free.- please ask at time of booking
* Well-behaved pets are welcome
* There is a collection of maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available, please ask
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). Guests may use the kitchen by arrangement.
• Good bus transport is very near extending throughout Edinburgh including Service 100 from/to Airport. The Airport TRAM is an 11-minute walk.
• Key city centre points are the Olde Town/Royal Mile, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Palace & Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station
* Parking: there is free on-street parking a 5-minute walk away or meter parking on the street. I’m delighted to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon!
1. Closest is No 36, 150m from door, crossing Princes St, connecting with Airport No 100 and Tram at SHANDWICK PLACE (3 min walk)
2. Leith Walk/London Road- 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 22, 25. 44, 45, 49 (8 minute walk)
3.Broughton St/Bellevue/Inverleith Row past Botanical Gardens - 8
4. Inverleith Row/Canonmills/Botanics- 23, 27 (15 min walk)
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Preço para mais de 1 hóspedes||23 € por hóspede/noite extra|
|Nº máximo de noites||7 nights|
|Check-in depois das||09:00|
|Check-in antes||Por acordo|
|Check-out antes das||Por acordo|
|Política de Cancelamento||Flexível|
Ons verblijf in Edinburgh bij David was super! David is een zeer aardige en attente gastheer. Hij is ook een interessant en open-minded mens, waarschijnlijk ook door de vele reizen die hij gemaakt heeft. Ik zou iedereen die naar Edinburgh gaat en gebruik maakt van een accomodatie van Wimdu onmiddellijk David's appartement aanraden. Het is basic, maar erg gezellig en je voelt je er meteen thuis.
David, thank you so much for having us, we had a great time at your place and we enjoyed talking to you. We would recommend anyone to book this apartment in your home. Joyce, Cas and Marjon
Welcoming, quiet and characterful niche in central Edinburgh. Walking distance from all the main sights, shops etc yet no traffic noise! The room warm, peaceful and well thought out with good storage a desk, chair and comfortable armchair as well as good bed. I was able to come and go at times that suited me - no restrictions or complications. David a considerate and practical host, who made my visit a real pleasure.
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
Unfortunately we came one day later as planed and had only one stay in Edinburgh. David ist a very nice , kind and interresting person. We like him very much. He was so helpful and told us a lot about Edinburgh. All the best for him.
I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY IN EDINBURGH AND AT DAVID'S.HE WAS AN EXCELLANT, INTERESTING AND HELPFUL HOST. I FELT SO MUCH AT EASE THERE AND HOPE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR. THANKS A LOT. HANNES
David was realy a fluke! We felt very well with all (excellent breakfist, nice tidy rooms, cosy atmosphere and a brilliant site). He's a very friendly man with fine manners and we enjoyed the fabolously storys of his full and interessting life. He has a very open mind and is helpful anytime. He made us feel very comfortable and easy to relish our holidays. Unfortunately we stayed only three days.
Kind regards from all of us David ,and good luck!!!
Denise, Felix, Clementina and Luana :-) :-) :-) :-)
David nous a réservé un accueil chaleureux. La chambre est très correcte. Le partage de la salle de bain n'a posé aucun problème. Le petit déjeuner continental était copieux et varié (pain délicieux, confitures, fromages, fruits frais, yaourt fait maison). La maison se trouve dans un très bel environnement et on peut facilement rejoindre le centre-ville à pied. David répondait à nos questions et s'est montré amical pendant tous les moments passés chez lui.
Een goede kamer in een prettige buurt. Je kan gebruik maken van de tuin en we hadden mooi weer dus we zaten veel in de tuin. De auto kan je parkeren in de buurt. David helpt je wel en heeft een hoop info.
David ist ein sehr freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber, wir fühlten uns in seiner Wohnung sehr wohl. Danke nochmal für die interessanten Geschichten, David.
- Qualidade do alojamento garantida
- Todos os anfitriões são verificados por telefone.
- Pagamento de seguro via SSL